29 Mar 2023
Can’t Miss 2023 Events Happening This Spring On Nantucket
Filed under Island Times
As the weather gets warmer and the days get longer, Nantucket is gearing up for a busy and exciting season of events. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy all this beautiful island has to offer. Here are the five biggest events coming up in the next few months that you won’t want to miss:
1. Daffodil Festival – April 27-30, 2023
The Daffodil Festival is one of the most popular events in the spring on island, and for good reason. The festival celebrates the arrival of spring and the island’s blooming daffodils. The streets of Nantucket are lined with thousands of daffodils around every turn, and the festival includes a parade, a flower show, and a wide variety of other activities. In recent years, the parade has become quite the fashion scene from yellow suits to daffodil-themed costumes. If you’re looking for a fun and colorful way to welcome the spring season, this is the event for you.
2. Nantucket Wine & Food Festival – May 17-21, 2023
The Nantucket Wine & Food Festival is a must-attend event for anyone who loves good food and drink. This five-day festival brings together some of the best chefs, winemakers, and sommeliers from around the world for a series of tastings, dinners, and seminars. Whether you’re a foodie, wine connoisseur or just there to enjoy the scene, you’ll find plenty to love at this event.
3. Figawi Race Weekend – May 26-29, 2023
After a few year hiatus from the pandemic, Figawi Race Weekend will return to the island in 2023. Figawi is a long-standing Nantucket tradition that takes place over Memorial Day weekend. The main event is a sailboat race from Hyannis to Nantucket, but the weekend is also filled with parties, live music, and other festivities. If you’re looking for a fun and festive way to kick off the summer season, this is the event for you.
4. Nantucket Book Festival – June 15-18, 2023
The Nantucket Book Festival is a can’t miss for islanders and tourists alike. This three-day festival brings together some of the most exciting authors and literary figures of our time for a series of readings, discussions, and book signings. Whether you’re a lifelong bookworm or just looking for something interesting to do, you won’t want to miss this event.
5. Nantucket Film Festival – June 21-26, 2023
While technically in the summer, the Nantucket Film Festival is a world-class event that showcases the best in independent film. Over the course of six days, attendees can enjoy a variety of screenings, panels, and other film-related events with high profile stars and budding talent. If you’re a film lover, this is an event you won’t want to miss.
If you’re planning on attending any of these events, now is the time to book your Nantucket vacation rental. We have a wide variety of properties available on Nantucket Island, ranging from cozy cottages to spacious beachfront estates. Whether you’re looking for a romantic retreat or a family vacation, we have the perfect rental for you.
- 03 May 2016 Driving Miss Daffy On Nantucket In the 1989 Oscar winning film “Driving Miss Daisy” Morgan Freeman starring as Hoke Colburn reminds us that chivalry is alive and well. Hoke wins over the stubborn and sometimes crotchety “Miss Daisy” played by the brilliant Jessica Tandy with his southern charm and the graciousness of a sincere gentlemen…exemplifying the true meaning of service... Continue Reading
- 24 Apr 2012 Spring On Nantucket I’ve had a front row seat this spring watching the island awaken bright and early from its short winter slumber. As I look across Main Street and down Centre from my second floor office window I have a clear view of the many trees lining the streets. Typically this time of year we can tell... Continue Reading